Sunday 20 November 2011

James my Hero

I feel I have to come here to say a huge thank you and well done to James who saved our home and our dogs, Yesterday he was home alone when he spotted a fire, the tumble dryer caught fire, he rang me and shouted "Help me we're on fire" and at the exact same time I got a front tyre blow out, so Andrew and I were helpless and stuck on the side of the road, for some odd reason my new car has no spare tyre so I had to wait for the RAC, meanwhile I called the Fire brigade and Police, James got the dogs out and to safety although Tetra bolted in fear. I asked the Police if they could pick Andrew or I up so we could get to James, we were about half an hour away, they wouldn't help us but did go around to check on James, three fire engines turned up and managed to put the fire out and all that time James kept the dogs safe and directed everyone to where it all was.
When we finally got back home, James and the dogs, Cats and farm animals were all safe, we still have a roof over our heads but we have lost all our appliances, dishwasher, which we can live without, our washing machine, tumble dryer, two freezers, fridge, our generator so we have no power, all our clothes except what we were wearing, all my show gear, dog beds, collars leads, rubber backed dirt trappers, grooming gear as well as some of our treasured personal belongings. It's all awful but I am just so thankful that no one was hurt or worse.
James really was the hero of the day, so calm and in control, I'm very proud of him, oh and Tetra was brought back home safe and sound by a golfer from the club opposite.