Saturday 9 February 2008

The Calming of Puppy Stanley




Goodness, its been a while since I posted any news on gorgeous, stunning Stanley! He's part of the furniture now, it just seems like he's been a part of our family for such a long time and we're loving it! As you would probably expect from a Munster pup, he's been 'full on', and now he's approaching 4 months old, he's calmed down so much. The play biting is now mouthing, and he's less hyper being on Junior food. Thanks Ali for all your advice on feeding and recommended products. They've worked a treat.

Next week is his last week of puppy training (thank god). I can't say I've enjoyed the experience. Stanley gets very bored having to sit and wait while the owners are being instructed on basic obedience. He just wants to play with the 9 other pups in his class, and who can blame him! I think Stanley, and his friend Finley (a Vizler pup) were the most vocal in the group! I learned to take it all with a pinch of salt, as outside of the training environment he is a star. He's a very loyal boy, and has walked off the lead pretty much from the beginning. He really doesn't stray very far, and always comes back when called (might change!). He is the softest of dogs, not a mean bone in his body, and such a great friend. I'd love to take him to agility training as I think he's got a real talent for this. I picture myself at Crufts in a dog team, whilst Stanley jumps the hurdles to get the ball! Any advice as to how I pursue this?

I thought you might enjoy some new photos of my special Blitzan. My eldest son Tommy as become a real 'David Bailey' with his new mobile phone, and captured some wonderful shots of Stanley in our Garden.

Ali, it was great to talk to you tonight, and I'll ring tomorrow for another chat. Its all on! Can't wait! xxxxx