Monday 4 February 2008

Training classes

Zydo is now nearly 8 months old. We've been to training classes since September and he's doing really well. However, I would like some advice - the class seems to be leading us down the competive obedience route. I'm finding that he's getting bored with the number of repititions of an excercise in class. What I would really like is to join a class that will teach retrieving/dropping/recall with distractions/generally more active things. Does such a thing exist? I'm conscious that he needs to do something to stop him getting bored....................or does anyone have any advice as to fun things I can do with him at home; I'd be grateful for any hints. I live in the Farnham, Surrey area so east Hants/west Surrey area would be good. Also, having been very good at night (he sleeps in the kitchen), for no apparent reason he has started crying and scratching the door when we go up and we lie there listening to him wimpering. I hate it (I'm sure I'm more upset than he is) but don't want to give in. I'm assuming it's a phase!