Tuesday 8 June 2010

Maggie didn't have the x-rays in the end. I got to the vet early yesterday morning but by then she was putting weight on it and her swelling was down. The vet was able to feel her wrist better and didn't think it was broken or warranted an x-ray, thank goodness. He thinks it is a ligament injury. So she came home again with another week supply of medication and 10 more days lead walking. Maggie doesn't know the meaning of taking it easy though. Yesterday I was cooking dinner and looked out the window to see her up on the trampoline. I didn't think she would try to get up there but she had. Getting up was one thing but jumping down on to her bad leg could put it back to square one so I dashed out there shouting stay while she stood there wondering what the panic was about. I was able to lift her down carefully and have now shut that part of the garden off so she can't jump up there again. She's a lunatic on walks and even though she is on the lead bounds around on the end of it pulling me all over the place so I have to keep stopping to have a rest. You wouldn't think she has a bad leg on a walk because she totally ignores it. The limping starts when she is calm and at home. I will be so glad to let her off again!