Saturday 30 October 2010

Good Advice

Thank you Amanda and Elspeth for letting me know I am not the only one who has these difficulties with my munsterlander, it is very comforting.

Many thanks to you too Peter, your advice is extremely informative and full of common sense, the free running has already been curtailed. By the way what is 'tortverbelling'?

Ziggy is my first experience with an HPR so it is a very steep learning curve; we have always had flatcoated retrievers and labs who haven't had a high prey drive and have tended to have laid back personalities whereas Ziggy is always on high alert. My main objective is to have a well-balanced, well-behaved dog so we will keep on working until that happens.

Do keep us posted with Murphy and Ceilidh's progress it's very helpful to know how you and they are dealing with their training.