Friday 22 October 2010

retrieving

I've just been reading all the blogs about finding, picking up and returning a dummy, it's very interesting and helpful.
I'm just starting the basics with Lola, but she's being very scatty and basically not concentrating, running around with the dummy and ignoring me when I tell her to bring it back, despite lots of praise ( and even a sweety sometimes..). She will pick up, but it's the coming back, holding and dropping that seem to much for her. Am I expecting too much - I think I probably am - she's only 8 months old. Please could I get some advice for the very basics from you more experienced folk !! Minden the 5 yr old, picked it all up pretty quickly when she was younger, with very informal training from my husband - Lola seems to be far more stubborn at the moment....