Friday 29 October 2010

Recall

Hello, sorry I have not been on for so long, I do read the blog but having lack of time and pictures since my camera is broken I don't really post much. I was reading about Ziggy and it is the exact problems I have had with Ceilidh. Teenage cloth lug symdrome I like to call it. Do you have a favourite toy? I know Karen with Maggie gave me some wonderful advice, she used a ball and for Ceilidh I used a frisbee, infact I used 2 to begin with so we had a relay system to start with. If so try to use it on a good recall as a treat, especially good if your munster does not like treats on walks. Ceilidh could not care less for any treats on a walk. I didn't use it on every recall so she didn't get bored. It took a long time to get it going well but now she is brilliant and I don't take the frisbee on walks very often as she can now manage to do her sniffing and hunting but stay close and recall well, or at the very least stand still and wait for me to catch up while she watches whatever she has found run off. I know that is not ideal but you cannot expect perfect results every time :)
I don't know what your surroundings are like but we live in the countryside and it is packed with wildlife just wandering in the fields and wooded areas where we walk so it has taken some time to get to this point. Good luck!
Ceilidh is very well at the moment, and enjoying having the fields back as her play ground for a while. I really must get a new camera to get some pictures to pop up. Cannot believe she is now 3 aswell, how time flies. Happy belated birthday to all of the truely litter! Hope everyone is well xx