Friday 6 January 2012

Jack (Talleuhah & Strider's son)



Thought it was about time I joined back in - have been reading the blog and looking at the fantastic pictures, now my life has settled down thought I would post a picture of Jack at the Christmas Fun Day of his Gun Dog Training Class.
I started his gun dog training last February and since then he has come on in leaps and bounds, he has moved into the senior class and his is being so good, everyone is always so complimentary about him, as he has so improved over the past year from being a big of a young tearaway to growning into such a great boy. He is so full of fun and he smiles all of the time, apart from when he knows that I have to go out without him.
I took him to a claypigeon shoot to see what he was like with the big gun (he was fine with the starting pistol which we have worked with for a while) he was obviously bred for it, he got excited and yippy for about a minute and then said OK, where are the birds, he was marking the clays, so I am now looking forward to taking him to real shoot hopefully in the next couple of weeks, just a friends local shoot so he will be forgiven whilst he learns the ropes.
I also took him to a swimming day last summer and he won the best improver, cannot keep him out of any water now, it wasn't that he didn't like water, it's just that we don't have clean water lakes around us, not deep enough to swim in so he hadn't really had to swim away from me. He was great at retrieving his and everyone elses dummies as long as he didn't have to to too far from his mummy, but in the end he was swimming so strongly and confidently, and just loves it and doesn't mind swimming away from me now. We only have canals around us and I really don't like him swimming in them as they are so filthy.
I hope you enjoy the pictures of my boy.
Sandra and Jack