Thursday 12 January 2012

More babies

Darcy is a Daddy again! Trevor's bitch, (she is the one who missed last Feb) had 10 puppies last night, 5 bitch's and 5 dog's. 9 are a good size and one of the boys is a tiny 6 1/2 oz, Trevor has topped the little one up with milk already so if he is being given every chance. Thinking back I remember Zeb, (Blitzan Rendition) he was tiny, and look what a strapping lad he made, he was also the first to win a ticket out of that litter!!
Photo's will follow but poor Trevor needs to get some sleep first, Jodie took exactly 12 hours, the first was born at 4 last night and number 10 at 4am. I just said to Trevor are you going to get some sleep now, he replied with a resounding No! I can't leave Jodie, how lovely to know they have such care. Breeding is exhausting, stressful, frustrating, it can be heartbreaking. it costs a fortune but these gorgeous babies do make it worthwhile. It does make me smile though when people say things lie, wow you must of made a fortune with that litter!!!!! As Stud dog owner it's so much easier, I get to be involved without the aforementioned problems, I do of course worry about the puppies futures but it's not my place to say who has one and who doesn't, I help where ever I can but at the end of the day they are not my responsibility. I warn all breeders who use my boys about the risk of being left with puppies unsold, I explain the pit falls and virtually do my best to put people off, however if they go into breeding knowing the risks, pitfalls and hard work involved, if their bitch suits my boy and vice versa then I am OK for my boys to be used. I am only ever happy about them being used once the babies are safely born and the breeder steps up to the mark, both Jackie and Trevor have done so and I am very pleased they chose my boys.
I turned someone away just before Christmas, nothing personal I just felt they didn't have the time to put to rearing a litter, they expected me to sell all the puppies and I can't do that. I never got to see the bitch so that wasn't the issue.

Who's the Daddy!!!


 No puppy pictures yet so photo's of Daddy Darcy instead!

Really excited to see more baby pictures and thanks for all the lovely emails about Logi's puppy photo's I posted earlier in the week.