Sunday 31 August 2008

That's a lovely springer!

In response to my photo being used on the photoblog and the question 'What breed are they?' I have to say it does get very confusing.
Having a Springer Spaniel too really doesnt help, especially as she is a tall field bred spaniel. When people see me with the springer they automatically assume Kaia is a springer too, just a black and white instead. It isnt helped by the fact Kaia is a very small Large Musterlander and there is only a couple of inches difference in height between her and the springer.
Having said that alot of people I meet think Kaia is a springer/collie cross, or as one lady so eliquently put it last week 'And she's a cross isnt she'.
Throwing Loki into the mix aswell serves for even greater confusion. "No, he isnt a cocker spaniel it's a Munsterlander puppy, it's a german pointing dog, the other black and white one is a Munsterlander too, but yes, the brown one is a springer!"
And the last hurdle is that I tell people Kaia and Loki are both Large Musterlanders but then have to spend 5 minutes explaining why they look nothing like each other, and that Loki will be very big but Kaia is very small and Loki is roaned but Kaia is plated and Loki has a all black head but Kaia has a white nose.................
As of yet no one has ever guessed Kaias breed correctly, and sometimes to save the trouble i just agree that I do have a very lovely collie/springer cross!
Sometimes I think I should have just bought a labrador!