Monday 10 March 2008

Hi Elspeth

OK sorry you can't make it and it must be quite a long way for you. Yes would like to meet up, Exmoor is great but I don't know how far you would want to go from London. Ilka knows about meals too she sits looking up at the kitchen sideboard and barks until you go to feed her, we do have meal times but I also I like to give her food when ever she is hungry I think as a puppy she can have as much food as she wants. I know Diva is a diva but can't say I know her very well but Ilka often stands in the field when going for a run as if to say take a photo of me cos I am beautiful, and does a funny head slightly to one side look when she's listening to you talking or something she has not heard before. About standing I have been doing a bit to, I have her side facing me, I put one hand under her belly so she can't sit and the other hand full of little biscuits I have not gotten much further than this but I have held her tail for a short time until she moves or sits, I think next I am going to try and say stay while my hand is under her belly then remove it and build up the amount of time, don't know if this helps or if any one else has a better method. The bit about the pigs ears very funny, Ilka has had a phone charger, potatoes, sprouts, socks, slippers, paper, tea bags, TV remote (is now taped up), cardboard boxes, pens, place/diner mats off the table (that soon stopped), plastic bottles from the recycling box and used to sneak small stone's in to the house, she has great fun, although now she is nicking stuff less, but I should not say this because she will now go agaist it and find more things to nick he he.
Sophie