Sunday 18 January 2009

Heart attack in Stanton

My sister invited me over this morning for a walk with her in her village. We had a lovely walk across the footpaths in Stanton. Near the end of the walk we had to cross a small bridge over a river. Maggie obviously jumped in and began to swim downstream. Jan and I watched her as she mounted the bank on the far side into someones garden. Suddenly there was an almighty squawking of ducks and geese and flapping of feathers with Maggie in the midst of them. I could see Jan falling out with her neighbours and me not being invited back again. I nervously fumbled for my whistle which had got caught in my coat and called her back not thinking for a minute it would work as she was having far too much fun. And it didn't. Panicking I whistled her again, but this time my little angel jumped back in the river and swam back to me! I would have given her a big hug, but she was soaking wet)lol I put her on the lead and walked on trying not to make too much of a deal about it and Jan walked behind saying how impressed she was. Secretly I was jumping up and down, completely smitten with my Maggie.