Monday 19 January 2009

Not always so good!

Thank you Karen & Elspeth - I was especially pleased because about a year ago Maggie managed to get into someones private garden here in Holton that has a large garden with a pond and lots of feathered friends. Although she didn't manage to catch any, (not for want of trying!) she did manage to empty the said garden entirely of all the ducks and geese. They flew up, ran off and scattered themselves all across Holton. For days after I would see the lost birds looking a bit lost all around the village and hoped they would find their way back. I think the people must have been out at the time, but must have wondered where all their birds were when they came back. I was so nervous and embarrassed after that that I took her out on a long line near the garden and did some leave it commands. Then I avoided walking past there for a long time! I think this is the first time since then she has come into direct contact with them.