Tuesday 27 January 2009

Thank you

for the congrats! I did give Maggie a reward Elspeth - I took her to the far end of Holton woods today where there is a field of trees just in front of it. It's her favourite hunting ground and haven't been for a while because of the shooting season. I knew they weren't shooting today and so let her do her stuff. You know how when you blow up a balloon and then without tying the end you let it go - well that's how I'd describe Maggie today once she picked up on some scents - totally crazy! It was lovely to watch her though. She was very good and didn't stay out of site for too long - she kept reappearing looking at me before heading back in and every now and then I'd see a pheasant or two fly up.

Puppies - they are soooo lovely Ali- thanks for putting the pictures up - getting so excited. You are so lucky smelling and cuddling all those puppies everyday although I don't envy all the hard work! - Hope James is still on the mend.

Spayed bitches. I read an article in a dogs magazine about this, not long before I had Maggie spayed. It concerned me at the time and I spoke to my vet about it. He did confirm that it can happen but he felt it wasn't as common as the magazine had said it was.