Wednesday 28 January 2009

Poorly Mum now.

Diva was taken quite poorly last night, very high temperature and she didn't even want to lift her head up, I lifted her up into a stand but she was very weak and wobbled. Straight onto my Vet Graham Lunn at Cedar Veterinary Group, and on his advice she had a big dose of Rimadyl and Synulux, which I have quite a stock of. She perked up with in an hour but still not right. I have just been in with her to see Graham as the thought was she may have Metritis, infection in the womb due to a retained placenta, he is such a wonderful vet as he doesn't just dive in and put the dogs through anaesthetics and ops where not needed. Anyway he had a good feel and she felt fine in the abdomen, but to be sure he X rayed her, we lifted her on the table I told her to stay and dashed out two seconds later I was back with her and the X ray was developed. Nothing showed so at least we know there is no puppy left in there, she has perked up, her temperature is lower although not normal. She did eat some Tuna and Chicken but is suddenly quite thin. I am bottle feeding the babies to top them up twice a day anyway so she isn't dragged down too much, and feel that she is on the mend again. Graham stocked me up with meds and I have his mobile if I am worried. I do think she is on the mend and maybe just very exhausted and has a 'bug' about her. The puppies are great though and totally unaffected.

Joanne whatever you do about your girls you do need a vet like Graham, he is so honest and plain speaking and he accepts that I have knowledge too and know my dogs. I always have a sensible stock of meds and use them only as needed. I have to say too the dogs absolutely love him, he has even been known to pop in if passing to see puppies, just a really nice, caring bloke.

James is on the mend too which is a huge relief, managing to keep food down and fluids, still white as a sheet and tired and weak, but improving each day. I hope I may actually get some sleep tonight, I need to as I am beginning to become incoherent!!!!!