Thursday 26 February 2009

New to blog

Hi everyone. My name is Tessa and I am new to the blog. I have been following the blog daily for a couple of months and am looking forward to being a part of it and getting to know you all better. We got our first Munster in December from Christine Ogle of Raycris (one of Eva's pups and Granddaughter to Ali's Logi). Our girl is called Evie and she is very pretty (will put up some photos shortly). She is quite a character and at only 5 months old has masses and masses of energy - our 6 year old Flat Coat Murphy has given up trying to keep up with her.
We are really pleased with our new addition and she has fitted in lovely - quite a handful though. In a later blog I will be asking for any training tips anyone may have especially when it comes to the deafness that Evie seems to have when she picks up a scent!!!!
Ali informs me that Ghillie's owner is on the blog (Ghillie is Evie's brother) so looking forward to following his development. My good friend Win has got Evie's other brother (Freddie) so will post some piccies of him too.
As for naughty pup antics - Evie has completely devastated my veggie patch and has worked her way through most of my cabbage and broccolli. Have given up on it for the time being - will have to put up a higher fence in the spring.
I live with my Husband Tony and our two children - Millie aged 4 and Finn aged 18 months in Warwickshire. Evie is lovely with the children although one word of warning for new pup owners - munsters are real mouthers much more so than my Flat Coated Retrievers ever were. They also like to parade you around the house holding on to your sleeve!!!
Look forward to being a part of the blog.