Friday 27 February 2009

Thank you everyone

Thank you to you all for making me so welcome. I think I am going to enjoy being a part of the blog. It is so nice to hear others experiences and also great that so many of our dogs seem to be related.
I have been admiring Diva's pups over the past few weeks - they all look beautiful and Diva really is a stunner. Very exciting for all those going to get a Diva pup -how many days left??
Mandy- your litter of pups look lovely too. I spoke to Jo their breeder last year when we were finding out more about the breed. She sounded really nice on the phone and was very helpful - lovely part of the country where they live too (I grew up around there). Regarding the crate - we used one for the first few weeks but it soon became apparent that Evie wanted to be snuggled up under Murphys front leg for the night so we ditched the cage however it has made toilet training harder as she still does wees and poos at night where as Freddie her brother is now dry at night ( sounds like children doesn't it). Very useful for giving your other dog a break in those first few weeks though.
Lyn- Ghillie looks lovely and sounds like he has similar traits to Evie. She too is a great pick pocket especially when tissues are concerned and is expert at diving in the fridge whenever I open the door. Our Flat Coat has always been a food thief so we are pretty used to that - good job as Evie is forever counter surfing and jumping up at the table. Great isn't it but don't we just love them!!
Tor - sorry to hear that you lost your flat coat last year. We lost our other flat coat boy Jack last year too and I miss him dearly. He died of cancer aged 6 which made the blow even harder as he went in his prime and way too soon - not a day goes by with out wishing he was by my side again. New life in the form of a puppy does help the grieving and I see Jacks spirit and love for life living on in Evie. Enjoy your Diva pup -he will fill your heart again.
Judith - lovely to hear that you have Nan and Aunt - would love to hear about them and see some pics (will put some of Evies up when I sort it all out)
To everyone else thank you for the welcome.