Tuesday 24 February 2009

To Crate or not To Crate

Hi Mandy, I crated Maggie for the first few weeks, mainly because at the time we had an older dog and at night I wanted to make sure Maggie didn't hassle her. Once I knew they were getting on well I took it away. I will crate the new pup too - it will be handy when she is very young and I have to take Maggie out for a walk to leave her knowing she is secure. Night time is different now as Maggie sleeps in our bedroom and the new pup will too. As I'm going to be with them all night I'm not sure whether to crate the pup or not - I'm going to play it by ear I think. I definitely think they are worth having though especially has you already have a dog, it will be useful if the older one needs some peace. As for size I'm not sure. I'm borrowing one from my mother, which is probably not big enough for a full size Munster but will be fine for the first month. I think if you look at websites for crates it usually gives you an idea of the size you need.