Wednesday 28 October 2009

Kat, hopefully I can give you some tips for the car with your puppy. I tried putting Mazy in a crate in the boot of the car to begin with and she cried loads and was sick. I think she didn't like not being able to see me or out of the car (I had a hatchback then). So she now sits on the back seat of the car attached with a lead that clips into the seat belt fastener and onto her collar, so she can't go very far. I did use a car harness when she was tiny and Domino still uses one. She loves the car now and is such a good girl. We drove 6 hours last Sunday to Stafford and back and was no trouble. When she was tiny, I also took her everywhere with me, on the school run, to the shops, anywhere that I went in the car, she soon got used to it. Sometimes one of the children will sit with her and she goes to sleep on their lap, they love that.

Ali, have fun at the farm auction today. I've never been to Warwick Castle, would younger children like it? I know my Mum goes there a couple of times a year on caravan rallies.