Thursday 15 October 2009

Hi all Diva is home, still quite out of it bless, her we carried her up to my bedroom using a blanket as a sling, she is now totally out of it lying beside me on the bed, I have put up a ramp so if she wakes up and needs to get up and down she isn't jumping around, a week of quiet for Diva me thinks.
Sounds like you are enjoying college Hannah, well done you. I'm sure you hate me saying it, but I can't quite believe you are 17 soon, remember you toddling around at shows, it doesn't seem long ago at all!
Back to bike riding, when we lived in Devon Tessa I used to cycle along the Tarka trail with Tarka, Leah and Solo I would actually put Solo and Tarka into harnesses and they would tow me along the narrow, wooded cycle route, quite dangerous really but great fun, (Don't try this at home!!!!) Andrew once followed on the road which went long the side of part of it and we were clocked at over 30mph!!!!, they were quite clever and knew commands like STOP!!!!!, steady, left and right, and whoa, the best one was get on!! The minute Solo had his harness put on he went into pulling mode, he was such a star. (Darcy is very like Solo), it was a great way to muscle them up! They also learnt not to suddenly stop and sniff and to avoid puddles where possible, quite a team, James is teaching Prima to do it now, see pic!
I am not fit anymore so cycling is hard at the moment, but we do have fun haring around on the quad bike, don't do it with the babies yet, don't want to hurt their joints, but the adults love it and it's fun if not a little wild!!!!!