Tuesday 24 June 2008

Re; Leah

A dog's plea

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend
for no heart in all the world is more
grateful for kindness than the loving
heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick,
for though I should lick your hand
between blows, your patience and
understanding will more quickly teach
me the things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often for your voice is
the world's sweetest music, as you
know by the fierce wagging of my tail
when your footsteps fall upon my
waiting ears.

Please take me inside when it's cold
and wet, for I am a domesticated animal
no longer accustomed to the bitter elements,
I ask nothing more than the privilege to lay
at you feet beside the hearth.

Keep my bowl filled with fresh water,
for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me clean food so I may stay well, to
romp and play and do your bidding, to walk at
your side and stand ready and able to protect
you with my life, should you ever be in danger.

And my freind, when I am very old or no longer enjoy
good health hearing and sight, do not make heroic
efforts to keep me going, for I am not having any fun.

Please see that my trusting life is taken gently,
for I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I draw
that my fate was always safest in your hands.

Author unknown,

My sympathies Joanne, Andy Duke and Duchess