Sunday 27 July 2008

Hi all

Just about catching up, been washing and ironing all weekend but have sat down now and read what I've missed while I've been away.

Happy Birthday Elle & Andrew!

Love the photo of your husband Elle surrounded by all your dogs.

Welcome Tor, sorry you lost your flatcoat Leia - she looked a pretty dog.

Great piece on Ilka and Tarka and some great photos. I loved the photo of Ilka on the chair Sophie - that black chair looked nice with her colouring.

Also great picture of Lyn and the collies.

Hope I havne't missed anything. Really hot here today, went out early this morning for a walk before it got too hot. Last night after a late evening walk Maggie kept rubbing her eye. I looked in it but couldn't see anything so washed it in salt water. Later I noticed it had got worse and was bothering her so I took her into the kitchen where the light is brighter and saw a thorn sticking into her bottom eyelid! Poor thing, must have been so uncomfortable. I managed to pull the eyelid down and get hold of it and pull it out. She was very good and amazingly kept her head still long enough for me to do it.