Wednesday 23 July 2008

Sophie

You are so good doing all of this practice!!! Much more disciplined than me! I do a few stands a day randomly but the second a camera comes out she wants to run about and pose for it instead of doing a lovely stand.
If you are having problems with positioning her legs I was given some great advice at one of the Scottish shows for standing. At the (rubbish) ring craft I went to I was told to stand her quickly and just lift each end and place it but this ended up splaying Ceilidhs back legs and she was so uncomfortable. If you try walking Ilka then do whatever your stop command is and gently stroke down her side and slide her back leg into position then the same on the other side. It is more comfortable and Ilka should be less rigid when you do this, the front legs if they are not in place can be done the same way. Just a suggestion I know you will have had plenty but at least you can figure out what works best for you.
I am still trying to figure that out!