Wednesday 30 September 2009

Lots to catch up on!
Lovely to have you join us Jean lovely photo's of your family too, don't Narla's babies look lovely and yes Sandra Narla's milk must be extra good as they are such big gorgeous dollops, I will love watching Tallulah and Narla's babies growing up on here, sort of makes up for not having one myself. Jean, you are spot on as Logi and Sadie really did adore each other, Sadie is the only dog in the world that would distract Logi from me or from showing, if she walked past somewhere in the vicinity he always knew and so did I as he would shoot off dragging me with me with, it was never about seasons and things it was pure love, he was always more interested in kissing her face then sniffing the other end!!!!! As you say Jean I am sure she would approve.

Tessa hope Evie doesn't go too stir crazy, I am probably having Diva spayed next week too, so no doubt will be saying much the same as you next week!! Things are a little frantic here as Prima is in full season and Logi is OK but wow Darcy is a little hyper, think it's because he is young he doesn't quite understand it all but knows he needs to get to her, not mating Prima now this time as I need a operation and wouldn't manage puppies too well, so best to put it off till March, should of moved to Mudlarks by then so far easier. Besides we have Lula's and Narla's babies to focus on now, don't want to flood the market with a litter of mine too!!!!!!! That might be greedy!!!! Also Judith is away in November so she wont be here to listen to my worries that I always have!!!

Anyway Sandra give Narla a cuddle from us, and Loudon the same to Tallulah, must organise another visit.
Kat, I have done every variation of training dogs, from being qualified to teach it and to learning new techniques, I truly believe a Munsterlander will learn anything, anyway you find it works for you, the only thing they don't respond too is harsh, physical methods, too rough and they will switch off and resist, I have seen it in dogs who people need help with, kindness, rewards and most importantly you being pleased with them is the best thing for a Munster, try out methods and see what feel the most natural to you, I find clicker training muddles me, because I am a tactile trainer, touchy feely!!!!! I am always stroking and praising and find that I don't have enough hands, I like me and my praise to be the reward rather than piling in treat after treat, having said that the clicker method works brilliantly for James, Barbara Butler, (a lady who does a lot of heel work to music in our breed) helped James and he is brilliant after Barbara's guidance, and actually clickers work very well for many, I just get muddled!!!!!!! No right or wrong way so long as your dog is enjoying what you are doing, if they are not then you will have to try something else. They only learn if they are happy and enjoying it. Darcy gives off the air of being Diddly dumb but ask him to do something, show him once, and he will do it perfectly every time, he is a clown but loves to do and to learn.

Anyway off to swap dogs and bitches around!!!! Keep the lovely pictures coming everyone, old and young the photo's are lovely.