Tuesday 27 May 2008

Advice Please

Seeing the advice given for Ceilidh and her tummy I wonder if anyone would give me and Zydo some! A couple of things.

He now weighs in at 27.5kgs (will be a year old next month) but does look and feel very, very slim. (I wish this particular owner could look a bit more like her dog!!!!!!!!!!) Having been used to a big flatcoat I wonder whether I'm just not familiar with the LM shape or whether he is a bit light. He eats twice a day to appetite (which is more than the recommended amount - Laughing Dog) to which I add tuna a couple of times a week. Other than that he has nothing except treats when training. He has an hour of free running a day across heathland where he barely draws breathe or pauses in flight and then a couple of plays in the garden.

Also, I removed 3 ticks off him last week. Seem to have come away fine, and have now used Advantix. This was on Wed. On Sat he developed a cough and was bringing up white foamy liquid. In himself he seemed fine although perhaps just a bit quieter. The cough has since subsided and he only coughs a few times a day bringing nothing up now, more a clearing of his throat. He's still tearing around on his walks. I'm not sure whether it's a slight dose of kennel cough or whether something else perhaps linked with the Advantix. If the former and it worsens had thought to use paediatric benylin. We're not going to training tonight just in case he's contagious.

We'd appreciate comments and advice please! Thanks.