Thursday 12 November 2009

Evie

It is strange the Evie should get upset like that when she is normally left OK. I think Ali is probably right in that something could have spooked her. With Maggie and Elsa if I don't follow a routine Elsa gets upset, even if the kids are in the house. If I go out I shut them (the dogs not kids) in the kitchen with the radio on, pick up my bag and car keys and always say won't be long be good - they immediately get into their beds and settle down. If the kids are around they can come in and out but they leave the dogs in the kitchen. If I go out and don't shut them away and they have the whole house Elsa will pine the whole time I'm out - I know this cos my kids have been with her and she drives them barmy so they are happy with me shutting them away when I go out. I think it's security and routine - they feel safe and happy with that. Maybe Evie would feel happier not having the whole house but in a closed off room - as long as there is somewhere for them to lie down and access to water and maybe a radio or a tv on?

Exciting time ahead for Narla's puppy owners. Looking forward to seeing all the pics.