Friday 13 November 2009

Lovely pictures Sandra. Are you keeping the beard chewer?
It will be very quiet in your house soon - how are you feeling about seeing them go?
Looking forward to Suzannes pictures - I am sure she will get some cracking shots for you.
Thanks for the advice Ali and Karen. My dogs never have the run of the house when I am out but yesterday Evie decided to give herself the run of the house by knocking down one dog gate and jumping over the other so she could get up the stairs. I shut the curtains, put lights on and the radio ,put their beds in their favourite spot in front of the aga and left toys and cardboard - all this just to go out for 2 1/2 hours! She may have been desperate to go to the toilet like you said Ali as I did feed her before although Evie usually doesn't fret over that as she frequently wees at night still due to her health problem and probably always well. She does seem to have a more nervy disposition and it doesn't take much to upset her so maybe it was just the change of routine or something spooking her. She does have rather a persistant bark when she is disturbed and I am not sure whether that will ever change. I am hoping to have another LM but am a little worried that I will end up with another like Evie and then have the problem of two winding each other up. My next one definately needs to be more laid back like Murphy. Please don't misread this as I wouldn't change Evie for the world as she is a wonderful affectionate dog who we all adore but I just want our 3rd dog to have a calming influence on Evie. How do all of those of you who have more than one LM find your dogs differ?