Thursday 12 November 2009

Just looking for some advice. Evie seems to suffer from seperation anxiety if I go out at a time which is not part of my daily routine. For example I took the children to a friends house for tea tonight and got back about 6pm to a broken stair gate,soiling upstairs and a barking,hyper dog . She had plenty of exercise today,was fed before hand and I left the radio on for her. I do all the pack leadership stuff i.e ignoring until calm on reuniting, not giving in to all her demands for attention etc. but she still seems to be distressed. Our neighbours (not doggy people) have already complained about her barking when I am out so I really don't know what to do about it.
I don't work but am always in and out with the children etc so she is used to me coming and going and I never leave her for long. Any tips???