Wednesday 4 November 2009

worming and Tornado's!

Drontal makes Tarka very sick always has no matter what way she has it, Stella is sick with it too and so is Diva and Tetra, within 5 minutes of having the pill they are violently sick and feel yucky for ages. We used millibax to bring Diva back home, poor Brodie, he is related to Tarka so not surprised he was sick, I use panacur on the dogs routinely, they have a 3 day dose to incorporate Giardia once a year otherwise they have a single dose, I use the liquid and buy it in 1 litre packs which costs me £58:00 1 litre does the dogs, cats and any puppies I have for a whole year so it's much more cost effective for me. I have to say frontline stopped working for me, I used to use the spray for the dogs and cats but it stopped being effective, we now use a monthly spot on but I don't use it monthly during this time of the year as to be honest we don't have any lodgers!
As for the lumps post injections Summer is the worst I have for that, she gets huge lumps every time she has a jab, ever since she broke her leg and had a lot of injections, massaging the lump does help to reduce them but it's not good.
Sue I do know how you feel about the whole shooting and killing thing, I hate killing but I love watching my dogs doing what they love to do. When we lived at Clarendon I had nothing to do with the shoot as it was far from sporting, so many birds put down you were tripping over them and far too many rich fat cats from the city, hardly sporting, but I did go to another shoot where it was a few local farmers get together and the dogs had to work to find their prey, can you imagine a Munster on a fat cats shoot, poor things it would blow their mind, now we just (I say we, I'm not well enough so Andrew goes instead) go out with 3 guns and 4 dogs on the 2000 acre farm we live on, much more fun as the dogs need to really engage to find the game, I can cope with that as the guns only shoot if they know it's a clean shot, Logi is loving it, well so are Diva and Summer for that matter, Diva went once then was spayed so hasn't been since. Just focus on the dogs and I 'm sure you will have fun.
I have one of Tallulah's babies on the photo blog today, he is settling well into his new family home, Angela his owner is going to join us on the blog as well. If anyone is still waiting for their invite to the blog please email me as I have now sent them all out, so they may of ended up in your spam folder so I may need to send you another.
Don't know if anyone saw it on the news yesterday but we were hit by a Tornado yesterday, about 11am it went quite dark outside and Andrew came in and said it was very windy, we looked out and saw this black Tornado come through the farm, picked up this massive septic tank which hit the ground again at the far end of the field, then these trees came down with a bang and took our electricity with it too. Thankfully although this cottage has no central heating we have a lovely open fire so we kept warm by that and toasted crumpets on it for lunch, amazingly Southern Electric manged to fix the cables and at 6pm last night our power was restored, just in time to see it on the news!!!! Anyway hoping for a quiet day today!!!