Tuesday 12 January 2010

Camera's, siblings and Snow!

Action shots, I have always loved photography and used to use a pentax slr camera, but then digital took over, I have had some lovely photo's using my Fuji finepix camera, but just before Christmas I upgraded and have now got an all singing and all dancing Nikon digital SLR, with two lovely lenses. An easy way to get action shots is to use the 'sports' setting on your camera, most camera's have that setting and it basically gives you a faster shutter speed. I have been playing with my new camera and trying out different settings, lower aperture, faster shutter speeds , but any camera will get an action shot if you have a fast enough shutter speed, so play with the settings and go for sports settings!! Hope it helps.
Lovely Video Loudon the girls look well and like they are having fun!
Sarah, Jed is so like Darcy, I look twice when I see a picture of him, I think Dudley is like them as well, actually so is Merlin, lets face it the whole litter are similar and no mistaking they are siblings.

It's not thawing here at all, although the main road is passable with care now, we have had the tractors doing their best to clear it, all around the house hanging from the gutters we have icicles, one has reached the ground!!! Not sure we can cope with more snow though, there is a lot fore casted to come down tonight, lets hope it misses us! I do love it but life goes on and I need to get out, James has made it back to school today, last week the school was closed, yesterday it re opened but the buses weren't running. today is back to normal for now.

Mandy I have emailed you re; your photo's.

As for tangled coats, yes as Sandra said or I have been trying a bit of diluted conditioner in a spray bottle, and once the snow balls are gone I comb the mats through, Logi and Maddie are terrible for mats but Darcy doesn't mat, despite getting the worst snow balls. Odd isn't it! Anyone else got any tips? I will nip to the horse suppliers today and try Sandra's remedy, I have to stock up on veg etc so good excuse to go and have a mooch!!! Tarka will like a trip out she hasn't been well so hoping she is rallying again now. Right off to do some work!