Sunday 31 January 2010

Catch up

Elsa was spayed on Friday and is doing well. She is on lead walk only for 10 days but judging by the last couple of days she is not a problem on the lead. I have to say with Maggie it was different and I was pulled all over the place. Elsa does forget now and again she is on a lead and takes off - this morning pulling me over when she saw a herd of deer. I get no sympathy though - just an odd look. Most of the time however she knows she isn't allowed to pull. I don't ask her to walk close to heal - she is on a fairly long lead and is allowed to wonder a bit in front and sniff around.

Maggie who is three in a few days has become a joy to walk. I remember someone telling me a while ago that it takes three years for a Munster to grow up. This morning I was very proud of her and glad Elsa was on the lead. First Maggie took off after rabbit and I blew the stop whistle and she stopped dead. I then asked her to come back to me and she did! A little while on we turned into a field and a whole heard of deer lifted their heads and started running towards the woods. Again Maggie gave chase and again I blew the whistle and she stopped and came back. I feel so much more confident walking her now and am very proud of her. Elsa on the other hand, well I'm glad I had her on the lead or there would have been a dead bunny and a disappearing Munster. On the way home Maggie was ahead, Elsa with me on the lead and a pheasant came out of the hedge and walked right across our path! I told Elsa to sit, but couldn't get her focussed on me, she was shaking with excitement. I gave up in the end and we walked on. It doesn't seem too long ago that Maggie was like this though so there is still hope for the future.

Izzy is growing fast Jean and is very pretty. I love her white whiskers.

Tasha, Knobby looked like a lovely boy - so sorry you lost him. I hope you find a Munster soon.

Sandra they are great videos of Dee Dee swimming. Who is it she is swimming and not reaching the sides - do they swim against a current? Sorry for sounding stupid but I've never seen on of those pools before.

Well done Kody in his first training class - lovely walk to heal.