Friday 22 January 2010

Thank you everyone

Thank you all so much for your kind words and for the lovely things you have said about my girl Tarka. I am lost without her as I have shared my life with her for more years than I have had James, she has been through so much with me and we have shared so many moments, it is very strange not to have her lying next to me or sat behind me in the car. Everything we love about the breed is what I miss about Tarka, and yes whilst the other dogs comfort me they can no where near fill the void Tarka's passing has left, they are all so different and individual. For so many years I have planned my life around my elderly lady and just at the moment it seems like life will never be the same again. James said to me last night he feels like he has lost a big sister.
I have been asked if I will still be judging at Manchester and the answer is yes, Judith said something that sunk in and that is if I don't go I probably never would again, at the end of the day, Tarka was never a miserable girl and always hated it if I were upset, whilst I can't switch off how I feel I will go on Sunday and enjoy seeing all those beautiful Munsterlanders. I am not going on my own and Judith will be there for support, and it will be nice to see some friendly faces.
Someone please put up some pictures life does go on and if there was one thing I could change about having dogs it would be that their life span matched ours. Many thanks for all your emails, messages, cards and everything, it all means so much to all of us. This all makes Summer's babies extra special, Great, Great Grannies babies. Summer was chosen as she reminded Andrew so much of our Tarks. Tissue time again.