Friday 30 April 2010

Cut pads are a complete nightmare and even worse trying to keep the dressing dry - especially in deep snow which is what it was when Elsa cut hers. I think we must have lost at least half a dozen boots dotted around under the snow. Maggie has also done this before at least once. I ended up buying loads of vet wrap and cotton wool and dressing it myself once the vet showed me how because no matter what boot you put on it always seems to come off and the dressing gets wet and needs to be changed. By the time the cut had healed I'd become quite the expert in dressing their paws! I have tried every dog boot under the sun I think. There are some rubbery disposable ones you can get, they lasted about one field I think - completely useless. I brought one with lace ups. That seemed to hold better than anything else I tried but I had to wrap gaffer tape round the top to stop the laces undoing. Oh and once their paw is all nicely wrapped up, they don't feel any pain and there is no way you can keep them quiet. Good luck.