Saturday 17 April 2010

Yet more about Lola.

Thank you all for your advice and help, it's great to know that there may be life beyond this !
As I said before, Mins was absolutely no problem, and I thought this baby would be the same, Hmmmm.
She sits in the kitchen, after having been out in the garden for P's & P's, and play etc, looking adoringly up at me, and then pees when she's sitting down, so that I don't notice. I then suspect something, pick her up, to find that she has a very wet bottom. And a puddle on the floor.
I WAS thinking that Lola would be as easy to train as a house pet - cum - superb- gundog, Minden works on a semi formal shoot that has lots of good working spaniels and labs, only too ready to outdo Mins. However, she goes to the office every day, has an hour + walk each day on Salisbury Plain ( loads of deer !) and works for me, picking up, when Stewart is shooting every other Thursday during the season, and she beats on Saturdays, busy girl, she adores it all.
Lola seems to be a different kettle of fish and is much more determined, and less biddable than Mins ever was at this age. The House Training shows me that she has a very different character, one that we have to get to understand and adapt to !
Thankyou all so much for the help, we already do a lot of the suggested stuff, I'm beginning to think that it's a bit of a maturity thing, we have a very big garden, which is like a playground to her, she gets so distracted the minute she steps outside - pees and poohs are the last thing on her mind. Sooner or later ( as long as the weather holds!) she will get the plot ( OR ELSE !)- especially as now she's sleeping with Mins in the conservatory, and I'm thinking about cutting back on the late feed.
Karen, thanks for the info about the floor cleaner, I'll get some but we have a laminate floor in the kitchen, and I think some of the wet must seep into the cracks.............
I will keep you all posted, as I'm sure you'll all be riveted to know about Lola's potty experiences, ( and mine....) Any more advice will be much appreciated ! Thanks again, Penny