Tuesday 27 April 2010

Scooping and pits!

Karen I tend to get mine out in the field for 99% of the needs, so not too much scooping, but enough! Mudlarks is being set up so the dogs have their own garden, their area will come off one side and is huge, big enough to run around in and go mad in if they so wish. I will try the pit area Judith, been thinking about it and thought if I set up an area down the end out of the way, it would be great if they used it and kept the mess in one area. I have never used a pit and the only person I know who did use one was The DeSa in New York, they had a garden of about 2 acres, and outside one area they had a fenced off area, inside there was a sand pit area, every time they took William out for the toilet they would put him in this sand pit and wait until he had relieved himself, once he got the hang of it they would leave the gate open so he could take himself in there, I understand it didn't take long for him to learn to only poo in his sand pit. It would be much easier to clean up if they all went in one area where you could scoop with ease.