Thursday 1 May 2008

Morning

Had a lovely walk with Maggie this morning, the sun was shining after a day of rain yesterday and Maggie was responsive and obedient. I took her back to the scene of the crime (ducks), although no ducks there today she did run off in that direction and I whistled her, she stopped, thought about it and then came back to me! I was so thrilled with her that I took out my secret weapon which is a ball - I often reward Maggie for good behavour with a throw of the ball and a play as she isn't interested in treats on a walk. After a play it goes back in my pocket and she is told to get on. I haven't actually seen the ducks in that garden since the incident and hadn't noticed them before so I'm beginning to think they were wild ducks or Maggie has frightened them all away (hope it's the former!).

Rosie, Ringo looks so gorgeous in those pictures, you must be so happy. Hope you slept ok last night - was he good? I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of him as he grows, which I'm sure he'll do at the rate of knots!

Judith, now you have me wondering - what happened on Friday?