Monday 15 June 2009

The AHT bags...........

Thank You Lyn! "I thought the AHT bags were absolutely terrific Elle, you must have worked so hard to put them all together and to actually contact all the people who donated the super items" but I am afraid I cannot take all of the credit!!!! in fact - due to current circumstances - not much of it at all......................... so here are the unsung hero's.....

The idea was "launched" by Alan Hunter - even though he may not realise it he set us off on the track, by something he said in conversation!!! - then it was Clare, Ali and I, who talked about it and "developed it" ......... I started well, by sending out loads of e-mails, and here have to specifically mention one company, Pets love Scruffs, who sent us over 150 good quality items to start us off, and then of course the bags, from Royal Canin and the magazines from Dogs Monthly, the majority of the links are on http://owners.thelargemunsterlander.com/links.html (and the remainder will be added soon) by the time of my op., we already had a lot of the stuff - piled high in the garage, sort of had passed the point of no return - but I could not see the way forward - lol.

However, I digress!! after my op., (that went wrong lol) - all the stuff was in the garage, and I was trapped in the house, and I admit - a bit depressed!!! then Jo took over.......... she hauled everything into our conservatory, sorted it, bagged it, packed it, then re-packed the garage, packed the car on the day before, she planned and printed the quiz, she got donations from local people (to buy extra treats etc.,) and - she pulled it all together!!!

Sadly not all sold on the day, I think we had about 10 or so left - but we had already decided we could not get all of them to the show, (along with my "disability paraphernalia") so we took about 100 of them and plan on doing the AHT Gala in September with the rest, but we made £420 on the day, (which has already gone off to Cathryn and her department at the AHT).

When Jo gets a moment she might try and get a few set aside for postage, if anyone would like one? let us know ( munsterlandergroupie@hotmail.co.uk )and we will see what can be done, so there you have it folks - it wasn't me!!!