Tuesday 9 June 2009

I support wholeheartedly what Elle has said- as some of you may know I lost my beloved Devon to cancer, he was treated at the AHT and although I had a tragic experience, I can't speak highly enough of the treatment he received both from the vets and the nursing staff there. In addition, If any of you have been asked to provide DNA samples from your dogs for the HC research, do so. I was asked to provide further samples from Devon as he was HC clear, but I received the letter the day before I had to have him put to sleep. I gave permission for them to take such samples as needed as he was in their hospital, and because it is such vital research. As it happened, by the time they received my message, Devon had already gone over the Rainbow Bridge, but they took samples and said they would be put to good use. I can't think of anything more worthwhile, and if you love the breed, please do everything you can to help