Monday 1 March 2010

Lovely pictures of Maier on the beech. She has really grown and looking beautiful. What I'd give for a nice sandy walk on the beech! Walks in Holton are very wet at the moment. Everywhere is flooded and the small brooks with stepping stones across has turned into fast water rapids! Yesterday while attempting to cross it (you couldn't see the stones) I missed my footing and ended up putting my foot into the stream and the water poured into my wellie! I put my hand down to balance myself and my whistle fell off my neck and was carried rapidly down stream. I ran along the edge trying to see it but the dogs weren't helping cos they were running along it and churning it up so I couldn't see a thing. So I walked home with a soggy wet foot and arm. I'm really upset because it had the lovely leather lanyard that Karen made me. This morning it wasn't much better and although I looked I still couldn't find it - not only that but I was playing fetch with Elsa and she ran to the brook to get a drink - dropped her ball and that was carried away too! This afternoon I may take a walk further up stream and see if I can see them but I think it's unlikely and I can't follow the stream all the way.

Simba is good thank you, things have worked out well. He is a lovely cat and getting quite fond of my girls now I think. He runs to meet them when we get back from a walk and sits next to them purring. Maggie is good too now and I have seen her kissing him a few times.