Thursday 30 April 2009

Elsa comes out with me and Maggie in the afternoon but don't have the time to go out twice in the morning because of work. I tend to give Maggie a 40min - hour walk in the morning but then in the afternoon we just do what Elsa can manage. Sometimes I let her run around the paddocks when I'm back with Maggie though or I'll do some training with Elsa. I'm hoping once she can go a bit further she will come in the morning too and I'll maybe make Maggie's walk a bit shorter for a while. At the moment though she is quiet sleepy in the morning and so I leave her behind. She's not great on the lead and walking them together is difficult as Elsa keeps changing places with Maggie but we are getting there. At the moment because of a scare with the two terriers down the road, I'm concentrating on her being happy and confident on the lead and not on healing. It's interesting to know what other people do when they have another dog to walk too. I know the best thing is to walk them separately for a while but sometimes that's impossible. I'm not too worried about Maggie teaching Elsa bad habits because I'm happy with her recall at the moment and I think if anything it's helping Elsa know what to do. If I ask Maggie to wait she does and often Elsa will stop too so she get's to know what things mean. Competition is good too as often they are racing each other to get back to me first.

Great dog of the day picture - that's one way to break a horse in)lol