Saturday 18 April 2009

Those days will come back Tessa - it's hard to imagine but providing you put the training in they will. My walks with Maggie are so different now. I don't panic when she runs off, I'm not constantly looking where she is and I'm confident if I want her back she'll come. This peace won't last though as Elsa will soon be joining us)lol Hope you can come a long to watch Tessa - you will get an idea of what you need to do next year and you will really enjoy it - hope the weather is nice! I still haven't decided on entering Maggie for Novice so I may be a spectator too!

I have been practicing the recall and sit to whistle at every given opportunity with Elsa. Yesterday her and Maggie were in the living room playing and I put some yogurt in their bowls (Elsa's mad for natural yogurt) Instead of calling them I peeped my whistle - I began to regret this when all at once there was a thunderous noise of them competing to get to me first - the two of them appeared around the corner and started to race through the hall to the kitchen. I had at this point wondered how they were going to stop which of course Elsa didn't she skidded to a halt and landed head first in the yogurt! Maggie knocked her bowl of the stall and yogurt flew everywhere. Frank looked at me and said maybe that was not such a good idea - but I said they came! Elsa had to be washed as she was wearing most of hers)lol