Friday 15 May 2009

Puppy class

Took Elsa to puppy class last night. Just before I left I filled up her treat bag with lots of goodies and put it on the side (high up) while I had my dinner. After dinner I looked out in the garden and saw Elsa with the treat bag in the garden! I ran out but she had already eaten the entire contents! Firstly I don't know how she got it - she is obviously bigger than I thought cos I didn't think she would reach it and secondly she is getting quite a thief. I wasn't sure how hungry she would be for treats in the class but re-filled it anyway and went along. Amazingly although she had had her dinner and a full treat bag she was still willing for more! Such a greedy girl. Her tummy was very full last night and I was expecting a few nasty surprises on waking this morning but all clean although she was in a hurry to get out!!!!

I was telling a lady there about what she had done and she had a great way of deterring her young pup from steeling. When he was very young someone had bought him a squeaky toy in the shape of a snowman. He had jumped on it and made it squeak and frightened himself to death. After that he was terrified of it. So now the said snowman stands guard on whatever she doesn't want him to go near. One look at that snowman and he leaves what ever it's guarding well alone)lol

Do you have any funny methods of stopping your dogs stealing when out?

Glad that ferret disappeared John!