Thursday 21 May 2009

Unbelievable, I have already had an email asking if Summer is wearing some sort of electronic collar!!!!! No she is NOT, it's a light collar, you switch it on on the sliver block and it flashes lights, great way to see a black dog at night!!!!!
Sarah, it is an awful situation but I would also ask the question who let the family who couldn't afford to look after the dear little puppy have it, as a breeder I would not, and OK maybe it's a puppy from someones down the road crossbreed who had a litter, best education to me would be to have all dogs spayed and neutered, BBC are happy to slate pedigree dog breeders but what about the mongrels who roam and get mated and so on, it's a sad state of affairs, sorry off my soap box now.
Been asked by Christine Weber to let you all know about a show in Scotland, Dundee CC are holding their premier open show on 18th July at Camperdown Park in Dundee http://printmatters.info/printmatters3/dogshow/index.html thanks for the info Christine I know some people on here would love to come.
Also Christine has a few words for Zoe and Hudson: regarding Hudson & his stiffness. I would urge anyone with a young dog to get stiffness looked at by a vet. If he is insured they shouldn't have anything to worry about. As you know, hips scores can vary from generation to generation & environmental factors e.g.. how the dog was fed & raised, can cause problems too. It could be growth plates, it could be ligament, tendons etc. A friends vet first 'diagnosed' her bitch with OCD when she went lame but I said she is too old for OCD. She went for 4 months ignoring the lameness and going from resting her to exercising her. It was only on referral to The Willows, that she was diagnosed with a 95% tear in her bicep. 2 options were given, an op to attach it back again or to totally rest her to see if the bicep would repair itself, but both were going to leave her with a slight limp. The bicep did repair itself without an op but if she had got to a vet quicker, who knows if the outcome would've been a lot better?
Thanks for your input and interesting thing to bear in mind. Makes you wonder doesn't it, better to be safe than sorry, and if Hudson is insured then it wont be costly for you.
Gorgeous pictures Karen, isn't Elsa growing, I just weighed my two, Darcy is 18.3kg and Tetra is 16.95kg, both are quite chunky at the moment and very solid. I'm aftraid I don't bother with measuring, don't see the point, they will be what ever they will be, and to me they are perfect, and not tall at the moment, but full of substance which I like,