Friday 15 May 2009

Show Leads

Could anyone advise me on show leads. I spoke to Christine about it so I know which type to get but having just gone to order it I am now confused as to which length to go with and which collar size. Does the length include the slip and when I measure the neck size should I take a close fit measurement or slack measurement? Also undecided whether to go with a really nice Hessonite leather and hope that showing is something we enjoy or buy a cheap nylon one for our first show and then get a better one if we decide to carry on - what would you recommend? Just out of interest will there be retail stands at the champ show?
We are enjoying ringcraft and Evie won a prize for best improved dog last week so very proud.
John - could the ferret you saw have been a stoat or weasel?