Wednesday 10 February 2010

No, Zydo is my first monster Munster - I couldn't bring myself to have another flattie. Hintza was just so perfect - in fact it took me 4 years to have another dog at all!!! However, Zydo is a wonderful companion and I love him to bits and have no regrets whatsoever. It just amazes me how different they are - it's difficult to say if this is purely breed characteristics or individual dog character. Zydo is certainly far wussier and, tho I hate to admit it, much more intelligent and quick to learn. The main difference is that usually Zydo really wishes to please me and behave whilst Hintza very much did his own thing (with a fabulous attitude) and if it coincided with what I wanted that was a bonus!!!!!!!!!!! The deer scent is a good idea - we certainly have a fair number of them where we walk. Though the worst time I had with Zydo and deer was when I was visiting my son and he decided to round them up in Richmond Park - chaos ensued!!!! On previous walks when I had taken him there he'd been fine but in fairness it was during rutting and the smell must have been pretty intense. Well, hopefully both our dogs will settle down - as much as they can!