Saturday 13 February 2010

Vets

I use a practice called Rowes in Bristol. I have been with them for over 35 yrs (started with the family pet when I was a child). Like Judith's they take the time to talk to you and research in front of you. I know them all so well that I can choose which one I see according to pet. One in particular is great with German Shepherds so I always take him to her. Another good thing is they don't seem to just be "in it for the money", and therefore are straight and honest with you, rather than continuing a dog on treatment when the kindest thing to do is to let it go. Because they know me so well, they are also prepared to listen to me when I offer up what I think may be the cause of the problem, and sell me "over the counter" remedies without a consultation in some cases.
At the moment they are treating Cassie for AIHA, and have been brilliant. Explaining everything to me, offering options and going through the consequences of treatment. It's going to be a tough battle, but they are behind me and Cassie every step of the way.