Sunday 27 April 2008

Hello from Georgia



Hope James and Zeta are ok, it must have been very upsetting for you all. I will now tell you Ali as things are ok and I was too upset to mention it before.

When Georgia was around 4 months old my husband was walking her past a house on her lead to get to the meadow and a Jack Russell ran out of it's drive on to the pavement and bit Georgia hard on the face and nose for no reason. Georgia screamed and the woman who owned the dog just called her dog in and shut the door. We took her to the vets and presented the woman with the bill to frighten her into keeping her dog under control, anyway to cut a long story short we got the dog warden involved who gave her a warning. I was so upset because if left a mark on Georgia's face and her being so young and all that, anyway with time the fur grew and the mark has disappeared thank god.

This shows fantastic breeding as Georgia's temperament never changed, she loves meeting other dogs, is never timid, full of play and when another dog does get grumpy with her she backs off and stands looking at them puzzled wondering what all the fuss is about. My Doberman was the same unfortunately some people use to shout through fear when they saw him coming and didn't realise how soft he was.

I had one ignorant American man while we were living in the states who wouldn't go anywhere near my Doberman and kept telling me that you would never see a vicious Labrador and praising the breed even though he'd never owned a dog. Well I say any breed can be nasty if the breeding is wrong and the owners don't know how to treat the dog correctly, but isn't it great when you meet other breeds of dogs that are just as loving and friendly as your own.