Tuesday 29 April 2008

Lovely pictures of Ilka Sophie, she is a very good looking girl - I do like the darker Munsters - I think my next one (hopefully) will be dark.

Elspeth, Maggie was faced with swans at the resevoir last weekend, they did hiss at her but she is quite a coward and once they turned towards her she came rushing back. It's things that run away that she likes to chase and the poor ducks didn't stand a chance! I'm sure you'll get there in the end especially with Ali's good advice! I took Maggie back to the ducks this afternoon on a long line with the idea of walking past and having control of her on the line. Unfortunately before I'd even got started, as I had the rope in my hand and was trying to sort the rope out she decided to shoot off - being an idot I kept hold of the rope and now have a fairly painful rope burn coverning four fingers of my left hand! Not a good idea, worked when she was a puppy but a bit too strong for me now. She did stop at the sound of me screeming though (lol. I ended up just doing some whistle training in the paddock, which she did well but of course there are no ducks to chase there! I'm determined to get on top of this though, so tomorrow I will take her back on a short lead and walk past telling her to leave and see how that goes.

It must be sad for you Judith saying goodbye to all those lovely pups in a bitter sweet sort of way - I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest and knowing they are going to lovely homes must help but I'm sure you must build up a bond with them in those couple of months. So exciting for the new owners though - I didn't sleep for almost a week before we got Maggie, just so excited!