Thursday 26 March 2009

Thanks Peter for answering my recall question so thoroughly and thanks Elspeth for the tip on cars. I actually feel like I have some direction now to work to with Evie and although I have my work cut out I am actually looking forward to it especially as we have the longer evenings ahead and hopefully a nice summer!!! Really like the three rings principle Peter ( definately one to publish) - I think I will use a long line initially as Evies circle of focus when out in the fields doesn't extend to much - I guess I gave her too much freedom early on. Have you written any books Peter or do you run any training courses? If so I am ready to book my place!
I don't intend to work Evie but what I want to achieve is an understanding between us so that I can take her anywhere and know that we can have a safe and enjoyable time. It has only taken 6 years but now my Flat Coat Murphy trots along the side of me the whole walk and isn't distracted by anything (except a nice pile of fresh horse manure). I'm hoping it won't take quite as long with Evie but like you pointed out it is an ongoing thing. Thanks again - loving this blog Ali!