Saturday 28 March 2009

Two totally different Munsters

The difference between Maggie and Elsa is huge. Maggie was such a shy nervous little thing when she came to us. Elsa, what can I say - she is not worried about anything. I was hoovering last night and Maggie as usual ran off to hide but Elsa kept getting in my way - trying to play with the hoover! Maggie was watching Elsa practically climbing on top of it in disbelief! She is a smelly little thing though - especially at night! She has decided she likes to sleep right beside my bed as she likes me to dangle my arm down as she is falling asleep and the pongs I get during the night! You wouldn't believe such a little thing could make such smells)lol. She hasn't been distructive but she does like to carry things around - she drags the broom around and my boots are never where I left them. When I come back from walking Maggie the kitchen has often been rearranged! She plays with Maggie constantly and they wear each other out. I'm amazed at what Maggie will put up with. Sometimes in the morning if they are awake before me - I look over and Elsa is on top of Maggie and Maggie's hair on her head is sticking up all over the place where Elsa has been chewing it. I have to step in quite a lot as Maggie won't.

I bought a puppy dummy last week and today Elsa retrieved it for me - such a clever little thing. I held her back and threw it a little distance and then told her to fetch it. She darted off had a few problems trying to pick it up but when she did she bought it back and gave it to me and I gave her a treat - I was thrilled and left it at that. I have also started teaching her the leave it command. I put a pile of treats on the floor and blocked her when she tried to get to it. After a while she sat and looked at me puzzled and I clicked her and gave her a treat. I did it twice and then bought in the command. The third time I put the treats down and said leave it and she came and climbed on my lap - couldn't believe it!

She is such fun to teach

Lins: LOL - really made me laugh!